Half Life 2 - second hand?

Tenacious Green 17:04 05 Jun 05

I buy most of my games second hand, off Ebay and similar. I am thinking of getting Half Life 2, but am a little concerned as to whether I would be able to get it to work properly with a game already registered as is required with this product. I believe it is called a 'Steam' account and is required to prevent piracy of this product.

Can the same game be registered twice? or would I have to buy a new copy?

Totally-braindead 17:55 05 Jun 05

I have a copy of Half Life 2 and I tried to sell it on Ebay but the winning bidder backed out because he/she wouldn't be able to use it as it was already registered even though I was going to give them my details. If you use the details that were used when the original Steam account was set up it works perfectly. If it is second hand what you need is the Account name and Password which were originally used, if you have them the game will play fine, if the seller does not give you these then you've just bought a very expensive coaster.

Tenacious Green 19:30 05 Jun 05

Top Man - Thanks - What I suspected may be the case. Have to find an Honest seller!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…