half life 2 memory errors messages

daisychainsaw1 09:48 09 Jan 05

While trying to run Half Life 2, i keep getting an error message, "the instruction at "0x012765f0" referenced memory at "0x012765f0". The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate program".

I've looked at various sites to troubleshoot but no luck, all my drivers are up to date and my system meets all the required specs to play it.

Any help or ideas would be most welcome.

citadel 11:34 09 Jan 05

In the video options of the game try lowering detail.

daisychainsaw1 16:08 09 Jan 05

The game crashes before it gets to any setup screens.

citadel 16:15 09 Jan 05

uninstall then reinstall sometimes works. disable av while installing but remember to enable it before the game contacts the internet.

daisychainsaw1 08:25 12 Jan 05

Tried that, added 2 new memory modules, reinstalled windows and same error message comes up. The game runs fine on my sons computer so the disk is working fine.

maksun 22:22 17 Jan 05

It`s not your machine that`s at fault; unless my laptop`s got the same fault. The laptop spec is way above what the game requests; but I get the same message (exactly)!
I can run It on the "main pc"; But That`s on motherboard (SiS) graphics; and It`s a bit slow........
Was hoping someone could provide a cheaper solution than graphics card; but failing that, could someone please advise as to cheapest Graphics card req`d for this game.
Thanks.

Carpigiani 22:52 17 Jan 05

This any help click here click here

daisychainsaw1 08:24 18 Jan 05

Hallelujah, re-installed windows again, changed my power supply from 360 watt to 500 watt, changed my graphics card from 5900 xt to a 9800 pro and the game nows runs beautifully, pretty drastic measures to get a game running, i hope Steam are paying attention.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…