Half-life 2 episode 1

acceptmyname 14:46 12 Feb 07

I recently downloaded half-life 2 episode 1 from steam. the game seem to behave erratically to say the least EG I was playing today when it crashed with a noise loop i had to use task manager to shut the game down then send a error message to microsoft, the game now wont load my autosaves (anyone familar with the game willl understand this next bit) it gets ti either 18 white lines or 8 white line when loading up then just crashes and i have to start all over again including sending a error report to microsoft. The game sometime plays great but everytime there is a load up screen i hold my breath. I also have half life 2 which sometime had the same problem but never as bad as this.

RobCharles1981 14:51 12 Feb 07

What are your PC Specifications???

acceptmyname 14:54 12 Feb 07

click here here is my comp spec I have also added 512mb ram.
the pc ran half-life 2 to completion with some crashes but as i said b4 not as bad as this

brundle 14:58 12 Feb 07

Surprised it works at all with on-board graphics,how much video memory is allocated? Is DirectX fully up to date? click here
Graphics drivers up to date? Some people say the Catalyst drivers are too big and buggy, can't say as I use NVidia, but you can find them here too; click here

RobCharles1981 15:01 12 Feb 07

Try and re-download the game again from Steam or it might be your graphics card, or you can check your game creche and defragment the game files. The way you do that is this.

Right Click on the Steam Icon (on your system try)

Then goto Games and point to Half Life 2 Episode 1 and Properties and local files you will the options in there.

Rob

acceptmyname 15:01 12 Feb 07

everything is up 2 date. I also ran the steam diagnostic tool which tell u if u need to update drivers...etc and it said everthing was fine

acceptmyname 15:02 12 Feb 07

thanks rob i have done all that b4

RobCharles1981 15:04 12 Feb 07

Well it might be your graphics card, because I can run that game on my Old Radeon 9800 Pro with no probs maybe you need a better graphics card.

acceptmyname 15:06 12 Feb 07

even though it runs the game fine when it does load it up

acceptmyname 15:07 12 Feb 07

could the problem not be with steam

brundle 15:11 12 Feb 07

Not very likely if your machine is crashing when it loads levels...the connection with Steam is already established. Have you checked your HD for problems lately, run a defrag, checked free space?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…