half life 2

polish 17:57 28 Dec 04

could some please help me with half life 2 prob the game plays fine then goes jerky for a couple of seconds like its trying to catch up then plays ok my comp has p4 2.53 a xfx 5700 graphics card and 764 ram the game recommends full settings for most things have tried these turned down but has no effect

Starfox 20:19 28 Dec 04

Think you have found the "stutter" problem that affects some versions of this game as explained click here a possible fix on Steam website click here and click here

HXP 20:25 28 Dec 04

AMD 64 - 3.7 + Geoforce 6800 ultra 256 mb + 1 gb ram 2 x SATA drives - my game stutters as well - can't be the spec of the machines .......

HXP

Starfox 21:32 28 Dec 04

No it's not the spec of the machines but one of the many glitches that are turning up in this game,if you follow the links there should be a patch to cure the problem.

Starfox.

Starfox 21:50 28 Dec 04

click here
click here

It appears that one way to cure the "stutter" is to re-start your Steam account, this will then automatically load the patch for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…