Half Life 2

iscanut2 11:03 17 Nov 04

Has anyone had problems installing this game. I cannot set up a new Steam account and thus cannot play the game. I get an error message box to the effect that Create Account failed due to error 200: Connection Reset, Winsock Error 10054. Connection reset by peer.
I have emailed Tech Support and await their response, but if anyone out there can help in the meantime, please let me know. Thanks.

Smegs 11:17 17 Nov 04
  iscanut2 11:54 17 Nov 04

Thanks for that. I should have searched for any previous postings but as the game was only launched 16th Nov, I did not think that anyone might have beaten me to it ! What a situation. Having paid money for the game, it is galling not being able to play it. Seems very wrong !!

Smegs 12:37 17 Nov 04

Totally agree with you. Same old thing, "We have their money, so what".

iscanut2 12:55 17 Nov 04

Valve servers now online. Have just managed to set up an account and register game. Took nearly half an hour to complete everything but have now played the game and got started. You certainly need patience with this set up routine !!!

Urotsukidoji 13:09 17 Nov 04

the european servers crashed due to loading yesterday for about 4 hours from 9am.

so everyone in europe was trying to authenticate at the same time.

so you had to wait a bit, so did everyone else

ACOLYTE 01:30 18 Nov 04

Is it true you need to activate the game before you can play? even single player mode may not be just what i heard,bad luck if you have no net connection then.Think it only applies to games brought in shops tho.Might upset a few people if it true.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…