Hair tearing out time, courtesy of Nero 6

Cessna 23:34 23 Sep 05

i'm going off my head. just bought a new dvd dual layer burner which came with the lovely Nero 6 package.. the whole suite. nice. however, when i bought my pc from Mesh a couple of years ago it came with Nero 5 pre installed.

when i have tried to install Nero 6, it wont let the installation continue until Nero 5 is removed. (you would think it would just update it, but no... it wont install until 5 is off). my problem is, that the Nero 5 shortcut in the program files doesnt contain an Uninstall option.... Nero 5 does NOT appear in my ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, and when i loaded in the original Nero 5 disc, there is no uninstall option on the disc either.

in short, im goosed. how do i get it off. sure i can delete the actual file in the program file, and then use windoctor to wipe out any trace of a dead shortcut and link. but will this totally remove it. it wont take out any registry entries of course...

any way to remove it effectively, or any workrounds to get Nero 6 on????

kyprosman 23:42 23 Sep 05

Try this..click here

kyprosman 23:43 23 Sep 05

Whoops sorry...Andy

woodchip 23:46 23 Sep 05

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Ahead or NERO click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Ahead or NERO in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Ahead or NERO and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Ahead or NERO then reboot your computer, try doing it with both the above

Cessna 00:14 24 Sep 05

Thanks lads. thats champion. done the trick.

bliss!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…