Had To Reinstall Windows XP - 3 problems

Binoboy 22:19 14 Nov 05

1/ My keyboard is set to American settings. How can I change this?

2/ The roller thing on my mouse won't work. How can I sort this problem?

3/ WIndows XP wants me to register with Microsoft again but when I try it is saying that this copy of XP has been registered the maximum number of times (I think this is the 3rd time I've had to do this). What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

VoG II 22:23 14 Nov 05

1) Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, set everything to English (UK).

2) download the latest drivers.

3) Don't register.

PC Bilbo 22:24 14 Nov 05

1/To correct, go into Control Panel and select Regional and language Options. From there click on Languages and then click on Details tab.

You should now be able to set to English United Kingdom from there and this should sort it out.

2/"The roller thing on my mouse won't work". Try taking the ball out and cleaning it.Better yet get an optical mouse.

`3/ If you install XP 3 times

I think he means activate which must be done (you have 30 days beofre Windows locks you out).

Phone Microsoft using the number given on the activation screen and explain why you have had to re-install and they will give you a code to activate it.

You are aware that your copy of Windows can only be installed on one PC only (the one it came with)?

PC Bilbo 22:27 14 Nov 05

Sorry - to continue 3/ If you install XP 3 times in first 3 months from 1st install you will need to phone Microsoft to validate. You will probably be given a new Product Key.

Do you mean the scroll wheel on the mouse or the actual ball on the underneath of the mouse that causes the cursor to move?

Binoboy 23:09 14 Nov 05

I meant the scroll wheel on the mouse. Thanks for the help so far!

Stuartli 00:01 15 Nov 05

Have you not considered an XP Repair?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…