Had anyone had any AOL Problems?

RobCharles1981 17:06 15 May 06

Over the past few days I had been reciveing unwated Spam Messages or "Bounced Back" "Mailer Deamon" those sort of things which I never even sent I just deleted them.

I used AOL out on the website today and made sure I signed out when I got home I couldnt sign on contacted AOL and they said my Account had been blocked!! They sorted it out, but could of caused this ?

john-232317 17:24 15 May 06

They probably think you are a spammer.
Check your system for nasties with Ewido click here

RobCharles1981 19:27 15 May 06

I couldnt beleive it really, I hadnt even done anything wrong I just kept receiving Dodgy Emails from somewhere and I used too doday as I said when I got home and tryed too sign onto aol I couldnt get on so phoned aol and they claim that Ive been "sending" Spam Emails!! I told them I havent then they said I might have a virus on my comp! So too make sure I done all the Virus and Spyware Checks with my handy freebies anyway thanks for the suggestions

rdave13 20:04 15 May 06

This happened to me a while ago.AOL blocked my account so had to phone them. Was told that I'd been sending "blocks" of email. Anyway to cut a long story short I found that spam had been sent from my son's account. Took him a while to delete the "sent email" list and I learnt a valuable lesson in security!

RobCharles1981 11:33 18 May 06

It happend again now, when I signed on to aol it said I had been sending "Bulks of Mail" and this time I had too reenter my details again - what is up with AOL these days??

RobCharles1981 11:35 18 May 06

It happend again now, when I signed on to aol it said I had been sending "Bulks of Mail" and this time I had too reenter my details again - what is up with AOL these days??

rdave13 14:52 18 May 06

Since my trouble with spam I change AOL password every 2 to 3 weeks and never use the auto login.Is the box for AOL's filter ticked?

SB23 16:00 18 May 06

Did they just assume that it was your fault?

RobCharles1981 16:08 18 May 06

I'm Not sure but its very spooky, had an email entitled Details of TOS Vilolation e.g bellow

On 05/17/2006 21:02:27 EST, your account was secured by America Online's Community Action Team because unsolicited bulk email was sent from my screen name....

AOL secures accounts used to send bulk e-mail or spam because they often may be compromised: that is, somebody has stolen the account password and is using a screen name on the account to send spam without the knowledge or consent of the account holder. By securing the account, AOL ensures that an authorized owner regains exclusive use of the account.

We understand that taking these actions may inconvenience some of our members. However, we think you will agree that regaining security of your AOL account, and the personal information it contains, is top priority.

There are several ways that you can help to keep your account more secure. If you feel your account was compromised, these tips can be especially helpful.

It then goes on about how too improve security and so on......

Cheers

Rob

SB23 16:29 18 May 06

But surely, where Aol is concerned all you can do is change your login details on a regular basis. I'm with Aol, I think that I'll have to change my login details abit more often.

rdave13 20:36 18 May 06

It seems that any password can be vulnerable to keyloggers etc so I run antispyware etc about every other week. Again I change passwords as often. Do this with ebay and paypal aswell eventhough it's a pain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…