hacktool. rootkit virus has infected ms directx

BEV 15:07 28 Mar 05

hacktool. rootkit virus has infected msdirectx.sys file and I can't quaranteen and I'm not sure if I delete file my system will still work? I have tried several restores from recovery points but this just gets so far then stops. I have install Service pack 2 since aquiring the virus and prehaps this is preventing system restore!!

Any suggestions as I'm getting very haressed!

Jaymz87 15:32 28 Mar 05

you can safely delete this file, as it is not an actual system file.

you may have to go into safe mode for it to allow you to delete it though. (press F8 during bootup and select Safe Mode from the list)

BEV 15:49 28 Mar 05

I have deleted this file on all user account in docs/settings however after restarting the file has returned!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:05 28 Mar 05

Turn off system restore, update your AV and run a full scan. All AV's should be able to detect this virus as it is an old one. Run Microsoft antispy click here and delete all it finds. Then run Ccleaner from click here and delete all it finds. You can also manually delete the 'infected' file as well. Reboot, turn system restore back on and set a restore point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…