Newuser4069 13:30 02 Mar 03

Hi all, Someone has been able to send e.mails with my address. I use server based mail account, not yahoo or hotmail.
How can it have been done. I am using WinMe, Zonealarm and upto date antivirus programmes (no trojans).
I have read all threads on this subject. Can someone with their own domain set up account and send these mails. What should I do?

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:55 02 Mar 03

You have probably got the Klez virus or someone has got your password - are the emails sent to friends in your address book or to unknown people? If they are sent to people in your address book then klez is the culprit. If they are sent to unknowns then someone has got your password and a change is due...then again it begs the question if they are sent to unknowns how do you know?....click here

cdb 14:01 02 Mar 03

can't these virii (virus's?) put any adress they want in the from field, so if someone with your adress on their computer has the virus, it can fake your adress without needing your passwords or anything?

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:09 02 Mar 03

DieSse 14:40 02 Mar 03

Yes - they can take an address from someones address book, and make it look as if the email has come from the extracted address.

DieSse 14:44 02 Mar 03

see here

click here

Newuser4069 20:11 02 Mar 03

Thanx, mails are sent to some of my contact in my add book but not to all of my friends. Obviously I do not know if mail are sent to unknowns. I use upto date PC-Cillin. I thought this will detect Klez virus. I have changed my password.
Kind regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…