Hackers exposure Check

Baslla321 13:28 01 Feb 05

I had the above test and was told by Symantec that I have the following security risks: ICMP Ping ; Telnet; and HTTP. I have Zone Alarm on'high' plus the Win XP pro SP2 firewall on.Isnt that enough? I have Norton's Internet Security but the firewall is turned off.Any ideas please?

Zaphod Beeblebrox 13:34 01 Feb 05

try here for a second opinion click here

ACOLYTE 13:38 01 Feb 05

First i would turn off the windows firewall if you have ZA on,they may conflict with each other,you say you have NIS but the firewall is turned off,but the firewall software may still interfere with ZA,you could go the whole hog and uninstall NIS and download another AV scanner AVG
has a lot of followers,as for the ports HTTP 80 needs to be open for the web browser to work,but idealy should be stealthed,the ICMP ping and Telnet im not sure about but would think they need to be stealthed,if not closed.Try this test
click here

Zaphod Beeblebrox 13:41 01 Feb 05

sorry should the link is independant i am always a bit sceptical with security software vendors results however if you still have problems disable windows firewall leave za running and check again

Baslla321 14:01 01 Feb 05

I had another check on
click here
as suggested by Zaphod Beeblebrox,
and TRUSTEALTH sated that 'All tested parts were stealth. No unsolited packets were received, no ping reply ICMP received'.
I suspect that Symantec wanted me to use their firewall, so gave me the vulnerability report. Thanks.

Baslla321 14:05 01 Feb 05

sorry.....that should read what ACOLYTE suggested. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…