Hacked and a mite bewildered

Diemmess 12:11 10 Dec 13
Answered

Six days ago I was locked out of BT Yahoo mail. Password had been changed and all address book and inbox emails gone. So had all "Sent" mail since October 2012.

About 40 people have had news that I'm stranded in the Ukraine and would like a sub to get me home.

I'm more or less back to normal after hours on the phone with BT Agents of very variable ability. I was told that the Yahoo approach is to be scrapped, BT Mail instead

My son argues the point that major scams like this always seem to fall with with BT rather than other providers.

My question - Is this sort of mess at all widespread other than with BT?

Who, reading this has had a similar experience?

lotvic 12:21 10 Dec 13

There was a Global Hack of BT Yahoo accounts - been going on all year click here This is one reason BT was/is changing Servers and splitting from Yahoo. I would have thought you had had an email from BT about it.

Jollyjohn 12:22 10 Dec 13

BT has had major issues using Yahoo for it's eMail and has dropped Yahoo. BT has set up it's own servers to deal with mail and there is a new log in page available.

I understand it was Yahoo that was hacked and I have sorted several people out with this issue by changing to the new BT log in and changing passwords, again, once there.

Log in to your BT page and then follow the link to eMail, bookmark this page, log in as usual.

lotvic 12:34 10 Dec 13

"The way you log in to BT Yahoo! Mail has changed. We've changed the way you access your BT Yahoo! Mail. We've brought it together with our new-look BT.com website" ClickHere

Diemmess 15:30 07 Jan 14
Answer

Yes. Times change, and I must get used to the new regime because I am familiar with it and even my few remaining grey-cells while knowing there are better SPs and mailers can still use the safer progs.

I just wish there was a more vigorous response from BT Mail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…