Hacked??

woodbexhill 10:38 03 Jul 06

Hey, this will be quick as in rush. Sorry if i miss details.

Last night someone was moving mouse pointer on our home computer, my mother saw this happening, and tried her best to move the mouse pointer to make whoever was doing it, stop. It downloaded, and I dont know if it ran, a program called skullz.exe.

Turned out our fierwall was running. I checked on computer earlier and found VNC server running, which I don't remember ever installing ont his machine, so that explains hacking of computer?

I immediately disconnected wireless access pointed (unsecured and was intended to only be very temporary but i forgot to turn off) and cut of fthe internet as I installed a new firewall.

Program could be a virus? What can I do about this? I'm concerned for the data on my computer, and also that key logs could have been made with my details as I use online banking very often.

woodbexhill 10:39 03 Jul 06

firewall wasn't running***

Nellie2 10:50 03 Jul 06

Could you zip that file and send it to me at this email address nellie2ATmalwareremoval.com change the AT to @

Nellie2 11:04 03 Jul 06

Sorry.. coming back to this, if someone already had control of your computer then you are most likely already infected by a remote access trojan of some sort.

Ewido is very good at detecting and removing all sorts of stuff I recommend that after you have updated it that you boot into safe mode and run it whilst you are in safe mode. When it has finished scanning click the Apply All Actions button and save the report it makes. You can download Ewido 4 from click here

However, I also suggest that you go click here and get expert help, no one will know the extent of your problem until it has been properly looked into.

keef66 13:56 03 Jul 06

Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is a desktop sharing system which uses the RFB (Remote FrameBuffer) protocol to remotely control another computer. It transmits the keyboard presses and mouse clicks from one computer to another relaying the screen updates back in the other direction, over a network.

Sounds a bit sinister to me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…