GvwU.EXE

pimpers 02:00 06 Mar 08

Hi.

Has anyone got a clue what this file is for GvwU.EXE?

While the wife was surfing a concert site, poof an AVG alert came up advising a trojan.
I deleted it and then it infomed me that the page would not work properly if it was removed.

Sure enough the page failed but then another AVG warning came up and this time I healed it.

My SpyBot teatimer then whent through about 6 - 8 registry change requests which I declined, then ZoneAlarm asked if GvwU.EXE wants to access the internet. This was not given.

Searching the net for what this programme could be, nothing was there, nothing with that name was found.
I found the file in my C:/drive but I could not remove it by deleting, it would not let me.

I am waiting for a response from ZoneAlarm and in the meantime I kept a copy of it on a floppy. I did a system restore (which I create two/three times a week) and all is well now as the file has now gone.

Anyone out there heard or know of what this file is or does?

Thanks in advance.

Pimpers.

birdface 10:30 06 Mar 08

Hi.Are you sure that you have spelt it correctly.Cannot find anything on it at all.

pimpers 13:16 06 Mar 08

Thanks for your interest Buteman.

Yes it is spelt correctly as I too could not find it.

It is a downloader Trojan Horse file named "Trojan horse downloader.generic6.AFLG".

I looked on my floppy to see if I had spelt it correctly and a threat message appeared with the name of the infected file.

ZoneAlarm did not pick up my email as it returned to me after 4 hours of trying.

At least it is off my PC now.

Thanks.

Pimpers.

pimpers 13:17 06 Mar 08

Pimpers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…