Guitar through PC - can it be done?

billy 11:37 26 Apr 03

My daughter has just bought an electric guitar but has no amplifier or speaker. Does anyone know if she can plug it into the Mic-in or line-in ports on the PC and listen to it play through the speakers and also record onto the PC? If I try can it do any harm?

AndySD 11:57 26 Apr 03

Yes it can be plugged into the PC use the line in first. As to harm there should be no problem. My stepson plays his guitar like this most days.

spuds 12:23 26 Apr 03

There are a number of software programmes that are available for 'musical people'. I have a programme called PC Music Toolkit, that let's me connect from electronic musical instruments into my computer, and make various recording and cd burning procedures etc. Try click here

I use a very good programme to record guitar onto my PC, it`s called "Cakewalk Guitar Tracks", you can record multiple tracks add drums & amp/pedal effects.

billy 14:47 26 Apr 03

Thanks for the advice. Works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…