Guest book

Holographic_man 12:20 24 Mar 04

How do I put in a guest book into NOF I am with 1&1 and in the help screen

( Apply Guestbook
The setup of your guestbook has been completed.

To insert the guestbook into your homepage, please copy the generated links and insert them into the source code of your homepage.

If you are using an editor e.g. NetObjects Fusion, please only insert the portion between the " " (For example: click here.......) as a link.)

This means nothing to me, can you help

the guestbook runs on their servrs, all you do is insert a link to it. You do this the same as any other hyperlink.

Holographic_man 23:34 24 Mar 04

I must be a thicky, it asks me to copy and put in the code, I have done this and all that I see in the browser is the string of code and no link. I will go back to 1&1 and try again 00:35 25 Mar 04

then enter it as an 'external link' from your button or text link. 00:41 25 Mar 04

you will find that most people are reluctant to use the script supplied by 1&1 because it publishes their email address on the page.

You would be better off with a simple 'email me' link and publish responses on a comments page yourself (ommiting the email address). Or set up your own form. People don't like their email addresses made public (and who can blame them).

Good luck, Whiz...

Holographic_man 09:21 25 Mar 04

it's no problem with the e mail address I use my [email protected] and that is with 1&1 also I dont have it forward to me. I also see 1&1 give the option not to put e mail address on now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…