Guest account issues

Maughan1967 00:30 18 Apr 10

Hello.

I have two user accounts (both administrators) on Vista Home Premium.

I previously had a guest account too, but recently it has disappeared from the log in screen.

No-one other than my wife and I has access to the computer (and she has not altered any settings) (she souldn't know how!).

Has there been a recent Windows update that has had the effect of removing the guest account (whether inadvertently or deliberately), or can you please suggest any other reason why the guest account might have disappeared?

I generally have the guest account activated for occasional visitors' use. Am I right in thinking that it is necessary for certain system functions also (eg remote assistance)?

Thank you!

Matt

Sea Urchin 00:45 18 Apr 10

Your guest user account may have become switched off - here's how to reset it

click here

and a description of a guest account

click here

Taff™ 01:57 18 Apr 10

I`ve never used the "Guest Account" on any computer. If someone comes to stay for the weekend I simply create then a "Non-Administrator" user account in their name and they can do what they want. I delete it as and when they leave. It`s one of the great ideas from MS that has never actually done anything for me personally!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…