Guest account

Rhuddlan 17:39 26 Apr 03

I want to use guest account and have Internet access like on other limited accounts, when I log onto the guest account, it does not let me play any songs in Windows media player or gain Internet access and how do I change settings for my internet connections, as a message appears when I try changing saying that I do not have enough administrator privilages, thanks for any help given.

spikeychris 18:55 26 Apr 03

Are you using Windows XP "Home"? If so you don't stand a chance, the guest account has restrictions when it comes to internet access, it's prohibited from activating a dial up connection. You will have to open up a limited use account and let the guest use that.

Chris

Rhuddlan 20:39 26 Apr 03

yes I am using Windows XP Home and what about the Windows media player, why can't I play music in guest account, thanks for the help.

spikeychris 20:53 26 Apr 03

I've never come across the media player problem. Does the player actually open? If so, and this is a guess, does it try to log onto the Internet for automatic updates? Clutching at straws but this could (might) prevent the guest account from using it. ??

Chris

Rhuddlan 21:28 26 Apr 03

The player opened and I can copy music from the shared music folder to the media library, and no it does not try to connect to the Internet, it just won't play music, any other options please?

Rhuddlan 13:59 27 Apr 03

I have created a new account so other users without an account on my computer can gain access to the Internet and windows media player, but now Internet Explorer does not use freeserve as my browser, if you know what I mean. At the top of Internet Explorer windows it usally says Microsoft Internet Explorer brought to you by Freeserve, but in this new account it says brought to you by Planetis, which is from Packard Bell and the broswer's appearance looks very different. Can anyone please help and tell me how I would change this to Freeserve, thanks for all help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…