GTX 660 Not working.

mrwoowoo 16:40 PM 25 Dec 12

Bought a GTX 660 graphics card, and i am having problems. On boot up the boot screen is immediately corrupted with streaks/lines of blotchy colour. If it gets as far as the Windows login screen (which you can only just make out) it usually freezes and i have to reboot. On the odd occasion that i have got further, i have tried the most recent driver, older drivers, and Beta. All with the same results. It replaces a GTX 260 which requires more Wattage and more amps, so the PSU isn't the issue. The 660 is pci-e x16 (3.0) But is backward compatable with my 2.0 m/board. Windows 7 64 bit 12 GB DDR 3 ram Intel i5 CPU. When i put my GTX 260 back in all is normal again. any suggestions/ Or do i just take it back to my local PC shop for a replacement?

rdave13 18:31 PM 25 Dec 12

It is definitely faulty, whether new or second hand. My last ATI I had died a similar way. First it showed faint, dotted, rectangular shapes then went on to colour bleed, fuzzy display then nowt. Ask them to check it out.

mrwoowoo 23:02 PM 25 Dec 12

Thanks Dave. I thought as much. But it doesn't hurt to dream.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…