GTX 260 installation

mrwoowoo 20:28 29 Oct 09

Anyone with this or a GTX series card who can tell me how it should be installed?
The card has two power inputs and as far as i can research the general feeling is that you have to use both. ( no instructions supplied)
Mine is running fine using only the slot nearest the back of the tower case. This is connected by 2 x pci-e 6 pin to a 4 pin molex (are they the correct terms?) and runs all games at max settings and good frame rates.
My friend has bought the card on my advice and is having issues. If he uses both power inputs on the card nothing happens (psu issue?) but it runs with only one slot used but crashes when games such as Wolfenstein are on max settings.
All very odd.

citadel 21:17 29 Oct 09

I would say its the psu, more so if its one of those £10 ones that come with the case.

mrwoowoo 21:31 29 Oct 09

Any idea if i need to connect up both power inputs on the card?

You may be right.
He did have a pc world special which constantly crashed with this card. I told him to check his PSU which he found was 250W (lol). He went out and bought a 550W cheapo,so that could still be his problem.

citadel 23:04 29 Oct 09

I havent had one of those cards but if they put 2 connectors on the card it must need them.

mrwoowoo 18:29 31 Oct 09

Plugged both 6 pins in and running like a dream.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…