GTS 450 GPU

DJSmokey 02:13 AM 10 Jun 11

i recently had a problem with my grafix drivers crashing after i installed the latest nvidia update. so i went back to driver version 266.58, i also installed MSI Afterburner because the fan wasnt speeding up at all when i was playing games and my card was reaching 70C+, but now according to my desktop gadget the GPU on my card is a 95% when im just on desktop and the idle temp is around 45C. b4 my idle temp was around 36C and gpu was 0% when idle.. is my card going to die cos 95 % GPU seems way to high when im not running anything.. Im on windows 7 64 bit and its a Geforce GTS 450 card..

gengiscant 09:11 AM 10 Jun 11

If as you say the fan was not running as it should whilst gaming,then using afterburner was not the way to go, it is more likely a faulty card/fan. It is not always necessary to update drivers just because they are the latest,some times an updated driver just addresses a particular problem which you may not have, so there is no need to update just because a newer driver is out. As for your card, check that the fan is clean, remove it and use a soft brush then make sure it is reseated firmly. Remove all Nvidia drivers and then reinstall Post back.

Autoschediastic 12:49 PM 10 Jun 11

I think u should goto Tescos and buy around 40 Donuts and RAM ur baseunit with them! it wont help ur issue but it will smell sweet!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED