GTA III won't load

JACC 19:17 24 Jan 04

My son has the game GTA III and when i installed a new graphics card ( GFX 5600 256md )the game refused to run . He uninstalled the game and tried to install it again . Now when starting the game just the RockStar logo comes up and no game .We're using W 98se and have GTA III Vice City as well and it runs ok . Any ideas on how he can get GTA III to run .

Was well known for compatability problem's....

My Advice is to check all driver's, clean install GTA 3 and keep trying!

JACC 18:31 25 Jan 04

Hi Pilch
I've installed the latest drivers for the graphics card , but still no joy . What other advice can you give us .

hugh-265156 18:40 25 Jan 04

this patch fixes some compatabillity problems click here

is the play cd in the cdrom drive?

try running a defrag.

try the direct x troubleshooter.start/run type dxdiag click ok. click the display tab and run the tests.any errors?

JACC 19:45 25 Jan 04

Cheers huggyg71 , i'll give it a go and let you know how i get on.

BooST 19:53 25 Jan 04

Hi JACC,

Just a thought but I had a similar problem with Unreal Tournament.
It was running fine and i upgraded the graphics card from 32meg TNT2 Riva to a Geforce Fx5200 128 DDR meg.
All i got after that was the title page.
Traced it down to the Extra's that came with the package i.e demo's and stuff and once i had taken out all the rubbish that went in and just left the drivers for the card the game would run again

JACC 20:06 25 Jan 04

Good man BooST , i think there is some 'extra's' with the game , i'll get rid of them and see what happens .To huggyg71 , i've done all the tests , all aok , i'll try your patch next .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…