GSTCOLOR.DLL is missing. Please help.

LAP 11:52 01 Aug 03

The wife has designed book covers etc in GST PressWorks 2.5 version. OS Win 95. She started up today and went to open PressWorks and got the following message:

The GSTCOLOR.DLL File is linked to missing export POCE.DLL:POCE_GetColorRGB.

I have uninstalled it shut down computer and reinstalled. Same message. Uninstalled again and installed from another original disc. Still same message. I have run a full scan. Still same message. She has the book covers saved on zip drive when she trys to open, still same message.

Do I gather from this that it is perhaps not Pressworks at fault but something to do with the 'colour' pallet? I haven't got a clue just guessing. Can anyone help. Ta. Lap..

woodchip 12:22 01 Aug 03

If you have all your docs saved, follow this to remove GSP. You can then reinstall and hopefully it will work.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box GSP click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with GSP in it, do not delete any files that have gsp in the file name only those that start with the above. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type GSP and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than GSP then reboot your computer.

Then when your comp as restarted reinstall GSP

LAP 16:35 01 Aug 03

Thanks for your reply woodchip. Unfortunately this does not appear to have worked.

My wife had loaded a 'calender creator' since the last time Pressworks was working ok. So I went through your system with this as well. tried again got the same result. Any further ideas?

Also as a result of me dabbling I appear to have altered the size of the display font as well as the font itself in her Lotus Wordpro. Not the actual typing fonts but the items at the top ie 'File' 'Edit'etc and at the bottom 'show mispelt words' and the list of fonts etc. This appears to have also altered in some other software as well.

I have gone into screen properties, settings and altered to 'Large fonts' but this has had little effect and I have returned this to small fonts.

Can you advise so I can get this setting back, before I continue with The PressWorks problem.
Thanks very much..Lap..

alcudia 17:06 01 Aug 03

Arn't you the same chap who was risking divorce if he couldn't find a calendar creator for Win 95.
It seems that what has happened is that the calendar creator just installed has overwritten poce.dll with a version not recognised by GSP. It could be an earlier or a later one.
I have no idea where poce comes from, but I cannot find it my XP system. I have also checked an old 98 machine, and it is not on there either.
What I would do is copy this file to the root folder (the one that contains the .exe) for the calendar creator as it probably came with this app. It will be picked up from there by the program. The delete the file from C:\Windows\System where I assume it is. Remove all folders for the GST Pressworks if you cannot uninstall it, then reinstall. It should put it's own version of poce.dll in the system folder. If it does copy it to the GST folder as previously described. Yoy won't lose it again.

woodchip 17:06 01 Aug 03

I have found the file that you are looking for, I had to dig my old Pressworks 2.5 CD out. This is what to do to see if it will work. Put the Pressworks CD in computer keep the shift key down until the cd light stops flashing or it will auto load, go to Windows Explorer tools/find files type in the box the file i.e. Poce.dll you want to find, change the drive to the Pressworks CD press find and then copy the file into, the C:\windows\System folder also copy it in Pressworks program folder. Hopefully it will work, the file controls the Pantone colour setup.

LAP 14:40 02 Aug 03

alcudia, thank you for your reply. You are correct re the calender creator and the divorce.

woodchip, first of all thank you, I have regained full possession of my win xp pro computer.

Back to the wife and the old win 95. I followed your advise and got the following results: Having copied the Poce.dll file to PressWorks, it is up and running.

I did not copy the file to C:\windows\System folder as it stated that the file already exited and was slightly larger than the one I had copied.

Should I have done? Because I still have the problem of the small fonts which are also a different 'type' from the defaults. This would appear to apply to all software and the descriptions of the short cuts on the DeskTop. The actual short cut icons and the layouts of the software are as they should be. Could you help please.. Thank you..Lap..

woodchip 15:02 02 Aug 03

You could alter the fonts by right clicking on blank desktop/Properties/Appearance you may be able to change the fonts there, mine is grayed out.

LAP 16:06 03 Aug 03

woodchip, mine is grayed out as well. In desktop/Properties I have altered it to large fonts, this has improved it, but not the answered. The wife is happy her PressWorks is working, thanks to you which is the main thing. I will tick this as resolved. Thanks again..Lap..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…