G.S.P. Family Tree

Guy Fawkes 22:45 21 Nov 05

I have contacted long lost relatives and installed the above on windows xp.
I have downdoaded a GED file to this prog.
Now I've hit a brick wall, is this Gsp prog. any good or am I doing something wrong?

ami 01:04 22 Nov 05

It would be better if you gave a full description of what the problem is, perhaps then we can help.

Rand Al Thor 08:44 22 Nov 05

I take it you mean a GEDCOM file, a file with the extension .ged Normally, you would import this file into your family tree program. A GEDCOM file is simply a text file formatted in a specific way for family history programs. I am not familiar with the family tree program you are using, but if you follow these steps it might help. Go to FILE. On there you might have Gedcom. If you do then click on that and click on Import. Or, you might have Import. Click on that and choose the option GEDCOM.
Hope this helps.

Rand Al Thor 08:48 22 Nov 05

Sorry, should have added, if all else fails have a look at the help file either under Import or Gedcom.

MuDelta 12:22 22 Nov 05

You could try Personal Ancestor File from click here - its free and a mormon site but you can turn off the religeous bits. I have found it very easy to use and if you dont like it just delete!

spuds 12:47 22 Nov 05

Historian is very good,and the Mormon archives are perhaps one of the best in the world.

The G.P.S programme tends to be lower market,with an American bias.

stylehurst 14:29 22 Nov 05

I've been at the FH lark for over 20 years now, and for most of that time used Family Tree Maker. However recently I have changed to Roots Magic; there is a UK version which can be downloaded for about £16-£17.
Roots Magic is a superb program with plenty of scope for the future.
GSP program is very much bottom end of the market

Guy Fawkes 22:09 22 Nov 05

load of rubbish, will uninstall now I have the "mormons" with me. Many thanks MuDelta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…