GSA-5163 DVD RW

pc49 16:10 30 Mar 05

Hi I've recently bought a GSA 5163 DVD RW and after a lot of problems, have loaded the software. Unfortunately it hasn't been picked up by the device manager. Do I need a driver for it ? and where can I down load it from.

pc49

pj123 16:22 30 Mar 05

More information needed. Computer spec? and what software did you install. A DVD drive doesn't need drivers, how did you install it? Is it installed on the Primary IDE as a slave or on the Secondary as a Master or Slave etc... Did you set the jumpers?

Completealias 16:30 30 Mar 05

Also what o/s r u on?

pc49 19:15 30 Mar 05

Hi completealias and pj123 It's an external DVD RW and I'm on Windows XP and have 256 Mb ram. The software is Nero Express, Nero Backitup, InCD, Power Producer Gold, and Power DVD MPEG-2 Its installed through a USB port. I have played CD.s on it, but can't play a DVD
regards
pc49

pc49 19:15 30 Mar 05

Hi completealias and pj123 It's an external DVD RW and I'm on Windows XP and have 256 Mb ram. The software is Nero Express, Nero Backitup, InCD, Power Producer Gold, and Power DVD MPEG-2 Its installed through a USB port. I have played CD.s on it, but can't play a DVD
regards
pc49

pj123 16:28 31 Mar 05

Are you sure that is what you have. The only LG GSA5163D that I can come up with is this one.

click here

which is not external.

pc49 14:13 01 Apr 05

Hi pj123
I can assure you I have the above model, and it is external. I checked one of the links you posted, it lead to dealtime, and that was also external (revealed when I clicked on full spec).
I have managed to get it acknowledged after a lot of re-installing, my only problem now is the digital video I'm putting on DVD packs up after about 40 minutes. The box for buffer underrun protection is ticked, and I've copied at the lowest possible speed. So I guess it could be the "Emtec" DVD-R discs that I bought.
thanks a lot
pc49

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…