grundig vcr gv9420

OAP65 15:52 01 Sep 10

i have lost the pin code for this vcr can any one help

gengiscant 09:11 02 Sep 10

What is the pin code for?

OAP65 09:36 02 Sep 10

It is for an elderly neighbour, it is a security pin number, which prevents the vcr being used if it is stolen. it can be set up when the vcr is first installed if the vcr is unplugged from the mains for more than 30 minutes the pin number must be entered before the vcr can be used.

BRYNIT 09:59 02 Sep 10

If you have put in your own pin number the odds on being able to bypass this are very slim. If you left it at the default number it could be 1234 or 0000. You could try having a word with a local TV repair shop to see if they could advise or contact Grundig.

mooly 12:08 02 Sep 10

Child lock ?

Press and hold the sandby button for 3 seconds.

OAP65 13:58 02 Sep 10

When this vcr was first purchased on setting up you had a option, to enter a 4 digit security pin code. I do not know if a pin code was entered or no and there doesn't seem to be a default one in the instruction book. This security pin code prevents the machine working if stolen. Unfortunately if the vcr is unplugged from the mains you have to enter the pin code before it can be used. You have 3 tries and then you have to wait 30 minutes before you can try again. I have tried all the obvious numbers 0000, 7777, 1234and the elderly lady has no idea what the correct number is. In the instrution book, it says in the event of forgetting the pin code it can be reset by "Mastercare" but there will be a charge. This I am trying to avoid as she is an oap.

gengiscant 14:28 02 Sep 10

Master reset should be, Press and hold the channel up and record buttons simultaniously on the machine for 5 seconds.Hopefully that should do it.

OAP65 22:06 03 Sep 10

Many thanks for your help to all of you, I have been to see our local tv repair man. He said there was no hope of unlocking the pin code. Neighbopur said to throw it in the bin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…