GRRRRR...abit nf7 sound problems

willhay 22:33 28 Jul 03

I still cannot get a friends pc to use the rear speakers, the nf7 mobo has the facility for front and rear speaker outputs but no sound comes from the rear speakers, the speakers are fine, according to there website there is supposed to be a control panel to set it all up but the mobo disc I got does not install anything other than the drivers. I am flooding this site with probs at the minute and all cause of this mobo does anyone have this board and got the rear speaker output to work

DieSse 22:40 28 Jul 03

Maybe there is more than one version of this motherboard - the manual I read for you yesterday definately had no connectors or references to front speakers. can you please point me to references for them, or an alternate motherboard number.

willhay 22:47 28 Jul 03

send me your email and i will semd the pdf file

willhay 22:48 28 Jul 03

sent my addy to you via this site

willhay 22:56 28 Jul 03

click here
or check this out

willhay 23:22 28 Jul 03

i am on NTL and the email is playing up AGAIN so I will keep trying to send it to you

DieSse 23:46 28 Jul 03

Are your backplane connectors as per Figure 3-9A on page 3-19?

PS - got the PDF file - it's similar, but not the same as the one i downloaded???

willhay 00:02 29 Jul 03

yes thats the same as mine

DieSse 00:11 29 Jul 03

Ah - then we may have been talking at cross purposes. The speakers have 4 (or 5) channels and a subwoofer yes? - and the front pair work yes? - but the rear pair dont? - if that's so, I understand you more clearly now.

Well one thing is for sure, you have to have the driver loaded that gives you the surround sound - there should be a setting in the software for two channel, 4 channel, etc sound - which must be set correctly.

For my XP Pro system and QDI motherboard, it's in the Control Panel under Sound Effect Manager - Speaker Configuration tab.

There's also a Test tab, which explicitly tests each of my 4 speakers in turn.

willhay 09:26 29 Jul 03

That is the only place I havent looked, I have been into system volume properties and adjusted all olumes but no joy so I will look in the control panel tonight as it is a friends pc and he is at work, I will let you know

willhay 20:51 30 Jul 03

Aint resolved but thread seems to have died, thanx anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…