Grrrr ... Cant Get AVG Free Download. Why??

BriR 11:16 16 Jul 04

As a HALIFAX BANK on-line customer, I have enjoyed free PC-Cillin 2000 AV protection but apparently this is coming to its end of life and updates will no longer be available, so, I'm looking for a Free AV Download.

I've tried to download Grisoft AVG about 10 times over the last 3 days by filling in the 3 required fields (1st Name, 2nd Name & Email address) and accepting the "Agreement Terms". A window opens and tells me the data has been accepted and I will receive an authorising e- mail with further instructions (from AVG) but I just dont get an e-mail.

Does anyone know if AVG are having site trouble (unlikely and especially for 3 days I know!)or alternatively are there any other good freebies I could try compatible with :

Windows XPHE / AOL9 BBand / McAfee Personal Firewall

hillybilly 11:20 16 Jul 04

Try Zone Alarm, that gets good reports but you cannot use the free version if you have netwoked Pc's

BriR 11:21 16 Jul 04

above narrative should read " any other good AV freebies"

Thanx

BriR 11:21 16 Jul 04

above narrative should read " any other good AV freebies"

Thanx

hillybilly 11:21 16 Jul 04

Sorry! Stupid boy I am! forget that 'cause zone alarm is a firewall!

BriR 11:27 16 Jul 04

Yep... I was just thinkin that!! HeHe

Coincidentaly, I just swapped ZA for McAfee Firewall because the ZA latest update had a conflict with AOL9 which kept causing crash.

Thanx NEway M8

hillybilly 11:32 16 Jul 04

Hey have a look here click here

if you have a spam program installed then that may be detecting the AVG e-mail as spam. When i was trying to register with Macromedia, after several attempts i realised that all thier e-mails were going into the junk folder of my Yahoo account.

Failing that try Avast click here

BriR 13:19 16 Jul 04

Yeah, I thought it had something to do with AOL's own Spam Filtering which is quite thorough so I have tried every which way to adjust it to make sure I’m getting all e-mails. Even to the point of blocking all except Grisoft and still I don’t get anything. I just don’t understand it.

Have messed with this problem and am sick of it so I’ll try your Avast suggestion.

Thanx all...
Keep smiling Monkey's {{ .^.^ }}
^
(****)

yattonharry 14:06 16 Jul 04

Hi, Just to say that I dowqnloaded AVG to one computer yesterday and updated on another - so nothing apparently wrong with AVG.

Yattonharry

yattonharry 14:06 16 Jul 04

Hi, Just to say that I downloaded AVG to one computer yesterday and updated on another - so nothing apparently wrong with AVG.

Yattonharry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…