Grrr!!! need to install IE9 for vista but only have SP1

laptopdunce 15:19 PM 11 Oct 12
Answered

I tried to open my gmail acocunt and the Asus laptop I have jsut recovered to factory settings says that my IE browser is not up to date, it should be upgraded to IE9 for vista, but I have an older version with only Service Pack 1 installed, it says in "system info" that I have Vista home basic 6.0.6001 Service pack 1 build 6001 installed, so my question is: is there a link ( I seem to remember using one before with the Acer windows XP laptop ) to install the correct service pack for the IE9 version? Grrr!!! this is taking forever to get it all back up to date, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

northumbria61 15:38 PM 11 Oct 12
Answer

Click on the Service Pack Center and make your selection for Vista enter link description here

laptopdunce 15:49 PM 11 Oct 12

OK, I can see that it is only SP2 that is avaialable for a windows Vista 32bit currently running SP1 so I am tryng to download that now, will see what happens., hope IE9 will be able to load after this, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 20:17 PM 11 Oct 12

Got IE9 and SP2 now installed and it seems to be much better!! GREAT!!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 20:17 PM 11 Oct 12

Got IE9 and SP2 now installed and it seems to be much better!! GREAT!!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 20:21 PM 11 Oct 12

laptopdunce 20:21 PM 11 Oct 12

laptopdunce 20:28 PM 11 Oct 12

dont know what happened there, its taking ages and ages to post my reply and I must have clicked on the mouse several times before the page timed out, anyway the other laptop, the Asus, is now running IE9 with SP2 very well, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED