GRRENBORDER SECURITY SOFTWARE?

rotormota 16:05 25 Feb 07

Hi,

Another thread here at PCA had a link to try out the GreenBorder online security scan. I tried it & it found about a dozen supposedly 'stolen files' & my PC failed on 4 out of 5 of the tests too.

Can this be accurate? The software has good reviews but is this just an over zealous marketing tactic?

I have fully up to date Norton AV, NIS 2006, SpySweeper & Windows Defender running all the time on my 4 month old HP XPMCE PC as well as a spam monitor which deletes 100% of unwanted mail at the server.

Thanks.
J

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:31 25 Feb 07

Type C:\ into IE address bar and you will see how many programmes give the illusion of 'stealing your files. Interestingly I did the GB scan and had a folder of 'stolen' files. I deleted this and surprise, surprise, whilst in the recycle bin the files would not open. You have more than enough protection and I call cobblers to the 'test'.

G

rotormota 17:14 25 Feb 07

Perhaps more worrying is that the GB online scan itself looks into a PC at your files & can make such a folder of 'stolen' items?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…