Grouping by date in a pivot table

Craig.m 10:07 14 Mar 11

I created a pivot table using a sum of values under the date and line by line for each customer (it is an order book), once I had this set up it gives customer with a total value under the dates on which they are forecast. I then clicked on the date and told it to group by month and year, this worked fine and I had a total per month for each customer.

Once I sent this out for data to be checked and dates amended I tried to update the table so as to use the updated dates, the grouping element came off so I had individual dates across the top again, no problem, click on date and group again - got the message "Cannot Group this selection". o matter what I do it will not group, even starting the pivot tabel from scratch and it comes up with the same error.

I can't understand why it works one minute and happily groups then decides it can't do it, anybody any ideas at all please?

Craig

VoG II 10:33 14 Mar 11

click here may help.

Craig.m 10:53 14 Mar 11

Thanks VoG, will have a work through that and see if it gives me the answer

Craig.m 12:22 14 Mar 11

Having been through it a few times it turned out that someone had put in the date of 31/4/11 which doesn't exist, once that was changed it all worked fine.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac