Group Policies

recap 13:36 03 Jul 06

I have just installed Windows 2003 Server, running DCPROM to install AD, this went fine as did the DNS and DHCP configuration. I change the Mode of the server to Native Mode.

Now I am configuring Group Policies for the Domain and Individual OU's.

My problem is that these Policies are not going across the network. Anybody know where I could have gone wrong?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

recap

spikeychris 14:50 03 Jul 06

Hello recap, what machines are you propagating to?

recap 16:00 03 Jul 06

Hi spikeychris,

There is a mix of W2K and XP Pro.

spikeychris 16:05 03 Jul 06

OK, You will be aware that Group Policies refresh at 90-minute intervals so run the command “gpupdate /force” to propagate the policies straight away

Does the policy install? If so you might want to change the refresh rate of the GPO.

click here

recap 16:08 03 Jul 06

Thanks spikeychris.

I will have a go at that, will get back if there are any difficulties.

regards
recap

recap 16:12 03 Jul 06

I get an Event Error ID# 40961, stating:
"The Security System couild not establish a secured connection with the server DNS/******.net. No authentication protocol was available"

I take it by this message the server is not talking to the DNS server?

recap 16:15 03 Jul 06

Two things here, would installing SP4 for W2k on the DC help. Also I did notice there is an Alias in the DNS for the server, should I remove this?

spikeychris 16:18 03 Jul 06

Yeah there is a DNS issue. I have never come across that error but I found this.

click here

spikeychris 16:21 03 Jul 06

Cross post. Did you do the alias? its just instead of DNS host name. SP4 has been known to chuck things a bit.

spikeychris 16:25 03 Jul 06

Have to go for a bit. You could extend the
Active Directory Diagnostic Event Logging process.

click here

recap 19:08 03 Jul 06

I deleted the alias in DNS.

Do you recommend the SP4 install?

Looking at the link from your link spickeychris (if you see what I mean), it mentions a W32time error:

"This behavior occurs when you restart the server that was promoted to a domain controller. In this scenario, the Windows Time service (W32Time) tries to authenticate before Directory Services has started"

There is a W32Time error occuring, this started after I downloaded and installed the updates.

If the rest of the article is correct then I should not have any further problems, fingers crossed that is, lol.

I will look at it again tomorrow, I will get back here if there are any other problems.

Thanks for your help spikeychris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…