group policies

microstyle 12:39 17 Mar 05

appologies if this should be in the networking forum, but this isn't hardware related ?!?

I'm trying to setup active directory group polocies on a 2000 domain with xp workstations. I can set them up locally (gpedit.msc) but that seems to apply any policies to all users including the administrator login (Is that correct?). So i'm trying to do it correctly !

I've setup an OU in my active directory and just put one user in that ou at present, I've created a policy in that ou and for a test purpose, just changed the policy to put a url in my favorites and remove the documents icon from the start menu.

I log into the domain on my XP workstation but the policies aren't adopted ??!? do i need to set something on xp, or have i missed something on the server? I've not changed the default policy at the top level so this should be o.k.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…