Grisoft - upgrades

nutcrusher 18:00 17 Apr 04

Any news as to why the page cannot be displayed. I assume they are having a major overhaul

Bagsey 18:05 17 Apr 04

I am not having any trouble with the Grisoft web site.

hugh-265156 18:22 17 Apr 04

click here click here works ok for me too.

bof:) 18:28 17 Apr 04

Hi All,

I can also get onto their website. nutcrusher are you getting any message when you try to access the site?

Mike

Les 18:40 17 Apr 04

Whatever trouble they were having, and they did have trouble, they appear to have overcome it. When I heard of the i-worm/netsky virus that my neighbour had had inflicted upon him I immediately tried to update my AVG and was glad to see, for the first time in many weeks, that it now worked. Incidentally, whilst on that subject, AVG have a file for downloading called VCleaner - it did clear the virus off his computer but when I installed the Free Edition of AVG on his computer and ran a check - it turned up another file of that virus in Recently whatever.

Les

nutcrusher 22:42 19 Apr 04

I still cannot get on to the Grisoft site directly to download the AVG6Free upgrade but can upgrade the AVG6 without problem via the program itself. Why - what is blocking it? I have NO problems getting onto other WEB sites.
Nutcrusher

Rtus 23:08 19 Apr 04

Rather oddly .If anyone remembers a short while ago Avg update not working-posts,I had similar problems where I couldnt get update automatically . I Found by going direct to grisoft web site then click update in avg control centre it updated almost immediately...Incidently its one big bug for me is the amount of virus attempts AVG is blocking each time I check my mail.Im getting brassed off with it.at one time Id go weeks /months before I saw one now annoyingly its several each time I log on

The Spires 23:29 19 Apr 04

I don't have these problems with Eset NOD32, however it is not free. :-)

hugh-265156 23:59 23 Apr 04

"Thanks but still having problems see below - any help apreciated"

have you checked your browser security settings are at default medium settings? click tools/internet options/security and set to default here.

maybe.

ps.can you not update avg via control center as normal?

hugh-265156 00:01 24 Apr 04

sorry i didnt post the error you are getting:

"The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Click the Refresh button, or try again later. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings. If you would like Windows to try and discover them, click Detect Network Settings Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed. If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0. Click the Back button to try another link. Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer"

have you tried any of this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…