grisoft "free" antivirus-help!

moby58 09:26 04 Jul 05

my free grisoft antivirus has been trouble free...but "internal virus database""is out of date" has popped up...tried to update but says no update available.what is "INTERNAL virus database"is it dangerous that i dont have it in the meantime while i keep trying for update?everything else looks fine on grisoft.are there any other good "free" antivirus sites i could switch to/also use?can i use more than one antivirus?help!thanks

rawprawn 09:35 04 Jul 05

The Internal Virus Database keeps tabs on your updates, if it is not working for some reason I would uninstall AVG and then reinstall and update. An excellent alterative to AVG is Avast
click here

rawprawn 09:38 04 Jul 05

Sorry I missed the last part of your question. No do not use two different AV programs at the same time, they do not compliment each other and can cause problems.

moby58 13:55 04 Jul 05

tried uninstalling/reinstalling...but still showing "database update is recommended"and when i click update it says none available...any other ideas anyone/grisoft users-or any other easy to use free antivirus recommendations?

SANTOS7 14:02 04 Jul 05

click here
follwo links from FAQ2, you may need to configure your firewall,good luck.....

SANTOS7 14:02 04 Jul 05

or even "follow"

soy 15:54 04 Jul 05

Hi, Make sure your system time and date is correct as well! Double click on the time at the bottom right hand corner of your screen to check!

moby58 19:23 04 Jul 05

have gone with "avast"....seems ok..thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…