grey out connection wizard in xp

always learning 10:05 14 Nov 03

Hello-after having to repair xp a couple of times I have found that when I come to put back my dialup connection no the connection wizard in xp has greyed everything out except broadband. the only cure has been to reformat and do new install. any ideas ??
thanks Dave-always learning

Gongoozler 10:40 14 Nov 03

Hi Dave. The only time I have found connection options greyed out was when the modem wasn't properly installed. That was with Windows 98se, but I suspect that XP would behave in a similar way.

rawprawn 11:26 14 Nov 03

I had the same problem having had to run repair, first check that you haven't lost SP 1 (service pack ) if you have reinstall it and try again. If that is OK follow these instructions.
Open the command prompt from the start menu.
At the prompt type cd\windows\system32 press enter then type regsvr32 netman.dll press enter next type regsvr32 netcfgx.dll press enter then type regsvr32 netshell.dll and press enter. Type exit and press enter. Eac time you press enter you should get a messagr Succeeded. Make sure you type as I have done & don't forget the spaces.

always learning 11:04 15 Nov 03

thanks for your help Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…