Grey Firefox anyone?

buel 22:50 04 Aug 09

Hi, my firefox homepage (Google) seems to be all grey! Has anyone else had this please? (Google in I.E is fine!!)

Sea Urchin 22:54 04 Aug 09

Now that you've learned to use ImageShack perhaps you could post a screenshot?

buel 23:19 04 Aug 09

Certainly!!
Here it is:

click here

lotvic 23:55 04 Aug 09

How to change from grey to white default background colour in Mozilla Firefox:

In Firefox type about:config in the url field and hit enter.

Check the value, browser.display.background_color. Grey is #C0C0C0
Right click the entry and choose Modify
Change the value to #FFFFFF (this gives you white background)

It is better to Restart your Firefox but the colour does change even without a restart.

buel 07:03 05 Aug 09

Thank you again, your kindness is tremendous and i DO appreciate it!!!

Sea Urchin 10:10 05 Aug 09

So please tick the box and mark the thread as Resolved.

Nobody minds you asking all these questions - that's what the forum is for - but you have a stream of old threads to which you never come back, and don't mark as Resolved. Why not spend a little time going through your My Postings and ticking them all off.

lotvic 13:09 05 Aug 09

I second what Sea Urchin says, buel should also say what method he used to fix his problems so that anyone with a similar prob knows what worked.

That is how a helpforum works, people can search for solutions and often find one without the need to post a new thread.

To have buel just post a thanks or just abandon the thread without even a green tick is annoying a lot of helpers and I notice a few have stopped responding to threads by buel.

buel 18:51 05 Aug 09

Message received and understood!
Many thanks again, i wasn't aware that leaving them unticked was visible and troublesome!
I will attack the resolved posts very soon (i have a few days off work!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…