grey day

firebirdb 17:02 10 Feb 09

when I try to look at some of my photos, either in Picasa3 or my documents, the majority, of the photo, is grey, and blank, at least 90% of the shot, can I get rid of this effect ?

skidzy 17:08 10 Feb 09

Funny you say this firebird.

I currently have a corrupt windows photo gallery resulting in the photos being striped and in grey with half the screen black.

Ive been at this for 2 days on and off now...will post back if any luck.

Though i do not use WPG much at all..it would be nice to fix this.

Relating to Picassa...i have no problem which leads me to think you have more going on here.

Pineman100 17:58 10 Feb 09

What file format are the photos in? Can you open them successfully in an image editing program?

Try this one - it's free: click here

woodchip 18:13 10 Feb 09

Will the photos show okay in window when you double click one. As it sounds like you may have memory card problem when saving photo to camera. Try Formating the card in the camera

skidzy 18:16 10 Feb 09

In my case,i shoot mainly in Raw (Nikon Nef format) and me not knowing that WPG now has a Nef codec that enables Nef to be shown in WPG.

What im trying to say,is i had messed my default programs up and WPG tried to open the Nef formats and obviously would not do so without the codec,this now resolved but may have been the cause of my corrupt WPG.

Im still working on this but is not urgent as i use other software.....though am wondering if firebird has any explainations that maybe similar.

Pineman100 19:02 10 Feb 09

"Try Formating the card in the camera"

This will, of course, destroy any photos on the card.

The photos that are appearing partly grey - are they on your hard drive or still on the camera card?

If the latter, then I reckon woodchip's probably got the answer.

firebirdb 19:08 10 Feb 09

if the card was faulty, all the photos, would be greyed, but the majority are ok, greyed ones have been taken at different times, different years, same effect is on picasa and hard drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…