GREETINGS CARD PAPER?

rotormota 20:43 20 Aug 04

Anyone know of available greetings card paper (card) which is heavy weight like proper pre-printed cards?

I am currently using an HP product which is 210gsm but this is really too flimsy...it's got to be at least 270gsm or more.

Cheers.

Djohn 20:50 20 Aug 04

Staples stock the weight of card you are after, along with several other grades as well. They do a pack of 500 sheets in 5 different colours, forget the price now but not expensive, certainly less than a tenner. j.

rotormota 20:57 20 Aug 04

Looked on their site but could not see anything...got a link by any chance?

Cheers.

greenlamp 23:15 20 Aug 04

Try this link they have a whole range of cards, plus envelopes to match, click here

woodchip 23:29 20 Aug 04
  Djohn 00:27 21 Aug 04

This link to Staples will show the card at 160Gram but they do other weights in-store. click here

BT 09:42 22 Aug 04

W H Smith used to sell a pack of Greeting Card Paper which included envelopes. The paper was pre-scored for easy folding. The paper was 180gsm and was double sided coated inkjet and came in a pack of 20 cards and envelopes. Its worth checking if they still sell it.Personally I now use Kodak Double sided Glossy Picture Paper. This is 190gsm and makes very nice cards. You can get it in packs of 75 sheets. PC World had it on Special Offer a couple of weeks ago for about £11.99. Its also very good for your Photos. Just a tip, if you use this use the setting on your printer for Photo Quality Glossy Film (Epson). You won't notice any difference in print quality but you will save about 25% ink.

rotormota 14:45 22 Aug 04

The thing is folks is that I have HP Greetings Card paper (card) which is 210gsm & is thicker than any mentioned so far.

210gsm is still no where as thick as proper over the counter pre-printed cards & hence the end result tends to be a tad flimsy & doesn't always stand up properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…