Green Ticks

Danoh 10:52 15 Jul 05

If you’ve noticed and wondered why some subjects have a Green Tick, its to highlight those questions which have been successfully resolved.

This helps people looking for an answer and see a subject which is close to their own problem or query.
The search box is also very useful to list all subjects with the same keyword that has been entered, in chronological order.

It is also useful for those seeking to help, in focussing on subjects which do not have a Green Tick.
But if it has been resolved but a Green Tick not placed, it can be irksome.

As this is not a query but an item for information, I will apply a Green Tick to this subject myself. I will post a reply with more information copied from this site, which brings up the Resolved button which I can click on to apply the Green Tick.

Danoh 10:54 15 Jul 05

click here

Green tick - this is used to indicate that a subject has been satisfactorily resolved, and can only be placed on a thread by the person who starts it.

Once there the tick can't be removed, but others may still post comments to it. More on green ticks later.

Green tick protocol

- when your problem is solved we'll expect you to give the thread a green tick

- you'll find the button at the end of your thread. Once you've ticked the thread it will remain 'open' to further posts, but other forum users can see that you're OK - and will not open the thread unnecessarily.

Green ticks also help people who are searching the archive. We have an option to search only for problems that are resolved. Please try to remember to tick your thread.

A reminder posting on another forum click here

lotvic 00:13 17 Jul 05

as posted by octal (all credits to octal)

octal Fri, 20.05.05 | 10:20
One of the quirks of the forum is that if you tick the resolved box and post a reply at the same time, only the thread gets ticked, the post doesn't appear. It's a two click job, either post the thank you then go back and tick the resolved box, or vicky verky, which ever is your want. So maybe you can't always blame the postee if they are not used to the forum.

(I am also going to start a new post on here with similar title)

lotvic 00:17 17 Jul 05

and here's the link to that post click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…