Green stripe in MPEG/DVD playback

HappyTrucker 15:25 08 May 07

Hi all. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything, so here goes.

I'm using Vista Ultimate on a Core2Duo E6600, 2GB RAM, 640MB 8800GTS system but I'm posting in here instead of the Vista forum in case someone who doesn't use Vista has either experienced this or knows what's going on.

Until recently I could watch MPEGs/DVDs in WMP11 with no problem. Now I'm getting a green stripe down the left hand 1/3 of the video window and there appears to be few issues with the colours of the files - almost split into RGB channels, a bit like old 3D pictures.

The only major thing that has changed is I've installed the Vista compatible version of Nero. It may be coincidence (I only noticed the issue when a file tried to open in WMP automatically a few days later). Using Nero Showtime, the files play fine, although TBH there is a very brief green stripe flash as the playback begins on some occasions.

Anyone have any ideas? For the record I'm still using the BETA nVidia drivers from a month or so ago - 100.65 I think they were! I'm always a bit wary of upgrading Graphics Drivers if I'm not having any issues witht he one I'm using. Whether this now counts as a Graphics Driver issue, maybe someone will tell me.

Any info welcomed.

EARLR 15:47 08 May 07

Like a bad driver, but as I donĀ“t have vista (for the obvious reasons). Try the Vista forum.
Good Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…