Green screen

rialto 19:10 03 Oct 05

The display on my monitor has suddenly changed to green. Everything appears to be working OK except that there is a green tint to the screen. I have checked the monitor settings and they appear to be OK.
Any Ideas?

grey george 19:28 03 Oct 05

The red gun might be failling if this is a crt display. Does it have a degaussing button or option in the on screen display? If it does give it a push, the moniter will pop and then may well return to the correct shade.

De Marcus™ 19:34 03 Oct 05

If Grey George's suggestion doesn't work, make sure you don't have anything with a speaker in it close to the monitor (unless it magnetically shielded). On another note I've got a speakerphone that does the same thing.

woodchip 19:57 03 Oct 05

As grey george the guns can be resurrected by taking them to a monitor repair man. This only applies if it's a Crt Monitor not Flat Screen

GaT7 20:03 03 Oct 05

I have a similar problem which is caused by a dodgy monitor cable.

To check if this is the case, try moving/bending the cable, especially at or close to where it attaches to the socket that plugs into the PC/graphics card. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…