//some 3rd party need geo

Green mesh of death!

RoA 16:53 11 Jan 03
  RoA 16:53 11 Jan 03

Can anyone help with this strange graphics problem?
When I am working on tables in Word 2000 if I try to - say - merge cells or select particular cells for changing the borders the PC appears to crash. The screen goes into a shimmering mesh pattern - usually green and black in colour. There is no way out of this other than to switch off. I also occasionally get the same crash when scrolling through graphic images.
Can anyone advise whether this is a graphics card problem?
I run a Mesh AMD Athlon 1500 with an ATi Radeon 7200 64Mb ViVo AGP graphics card and O/S is XP home edition.
I do not know if the problem is related to my constant icon refresh problem when in Windows Explorer (posted 10th January 1045 hrs.)
Any help or advice will be gratefully received.

Gongoozler 17:00 11 Jan 03

RoA, I find that when this sort of csash happens it is caused by a memory management problem, either im the RAM or the graphics card. ATI cards have had driver problems, so updating the graphics driver may help. Also you could try running the graphics card at a lower refresh rate.

BRYNIT 17:08 11 Jan 03

Sound like a mem problem besides the ram and graphics card you could check free space on HD and also do scan for bad sectors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…