GREEN LINE

Gerrycan 18:55 16 Apr 03

Is it just me or is every one seeing Green underlines under certain words in this forum?

crx16 18:56 16 Apr 03

"PC Advisor now highlights keywords selected by our advertisers, typically a vendor name, product or service. Keywords are underlined in green and are hyper-linked to the advertiser's site."

but i haven't seen them yet.

VoG™ 19:05 16 Apr 03

They don't appear using Opera (6.05).

Gerrycan 19:05 16 Apr 03

thanks mate..there is one on this page at the top you will see.."Helproom" in black and directly underneath you will see
PC Advisor now highlights keywords selected by our advertisers, typically a vendor name, product or service. Keywords.T letters PC are shown in green.

crx16 19:10 16 Apr 03

thats where i copied and pasted it from.?

i mean i haven't seen any green lines

Forum Editor 19:13 16 Apr 03

and infinitely better than the pop-ups that provoke so much irritation.

If you click on the green-lined word you'll see a product related to it. If you don't want to see the advertising don't click the word.

Time and time again I've made the point that this site needs advertising revenue if it is to survive. It's the real world, like it or not, and we think that this method will be as inoffensive as advertising could be.

If you must make a point of blocking all advertsing you'll soon be without any worthwhile resources on the Internet. People aren't going to spend days and weeks of their time and thousands of pounds of their money developing valuable Internet resources for no return - anyone who did that would be out of business in no time.

We intend to survive.

Gerrycan 19:13 16 Apr 03

Dont worry mate you aint missing much.(T,I,C)

powerless 19:14 16 Apr 03

I prefer the colour RED ;-)

But i can cope with green.

VoG™ 19:17 16 Apr 03

I agree that they're much less obtrusive than pop ups.

My post above was a statement of fact - I am not trying deliberately to "block" them.

crx16 19:18 16 Apr 03

im not seeing them with IE5.5 and winME, no blocking software here.

-pops- 19:20 16 Apr 03

I did find popups irritating and obtrusive. These green lines? Much, much better. I hope these continue and perhaps even more of them if we can keep popups out!!

I still think there's room for ads on the lines of the excellent Crucial one that sat at the top of the page earlier last year. It was noticeable without being obtrusive and, from the reactions of forum members at the time, it worked and I don't recall a single negative comment about it.

LONG LIVE THE GREEN LINES!!

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…