Greek fonts displaying in English!

Phrixos 14:23 28 Dec 09

I'm feeling very foolish--but,

When I install one Greek font (Galilee, not the nicest) it works fine--but when I install any other Greek font, like Gentium (the one I really want) it displays in English!

I must be doing something very dumb here, but I sure can't figure out what.

Any Greek help out there?

McD 15:18 28 Dec 09

Phrixos. Not sure what you mean here, but I regulary switch between English Keyboard and Greek. It is done via Control Panel>Region and Language>Keyboard> Change Keyboard>Scroll down to Greek> drop down menu> select (a choice of font). Apply you should now Have the language bar in task bar and select language required. Hope this is what you want.
McD

Phrixos 16:09 28 Dec 09

Hello McD.

Thanks for answering, but it's not a question of the keyboard and which merely transcribes the letters pressed (whereby and for instance, pressing "h" will produce an eta and shift+V will produce a sigma), but it's a question of the alphabet itself presenting in the usual Phoenician characters instead of Greek.)

For instance again, if I go into Windows/Fonts and bring up the Gentian Font, the letters are in English "The quick brown fox..." etc. whereas if I do the same in Galilee Font, they present in Greek.

Ideas?

Phrixos 16:17 28 Dec 09

(More)

The same is true if I use the e-greek font. Whereas, say, I highlight any English word, and change the font to e-greek, the word presents in Greek--but if I choose Gentian, it still presents in English.
Confusing!

Phrixos 17:38 29 Dec 09

Hello Marg; thanks for the input.

All links to downloading the Gentium font lead to:

click here

which, being a highly reputable site, leads me to accept that the download file is in order. Add to that, the same thing happened when I tried to install the font about six months ago--to the same effect, so that would seem to rule out a corrupt download too.

I've checked the file out on my (AMP) Font Viewer and it still comes out as "The q

Phrixos 17:41 29 Dec 09

Oops!

to continue:
...it still comes out as "The quick brown fox...."

The same is true when using Character Map.

Thanks again for the input.

If you've any other ideas,....

regards,
Phrixos

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…