Greek Connection

vassos 22:09 20 Oct 07

I have bought a new laptop in the uk for a friend resident in Greece. I need to find a telephone cable adapter which will fit this laptop and to the Greek cable running to the phone point. I did have one years ago and unfortunately A). left it in Greece and B) forget where I got it. I am having no luck initially tracking one down on Google. I think it was something simple like Maplins. Any advice would be appreciated. Tks.

DieSse 22:33 20 Oct 07

New Greek telephone points are to the standard RJ11 - that is the same as the connector at the laptop end.

I presume that therefore such converters must be freely available in Greece, as they will have a similar problem internally.

Of course if your friend has a new telephone point, they'll only need a standard RJ11 to RJ11 cable that you can get anywhere - including, obviously in Greece too.

But maybe they have broadband? - which will be different again?

vassos 22:35 20 Oct 07

Thanks for that. The RJ11 info is useful. No Broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…