Great new way of ads

roiter 20:03 04 Nov 03

People, I think this is a great new idea! using the browser space for advertising instead the web page, It?s great! Go ahead with more and more Ooqa Ooqa!

Jester2K II 20:16 04 Nov 03

How do YOU want to pay for this FREE website then???

A Cat Called George 20:41 04 Nov 03

I'm sure I am not alone in finding this very irritating. Even more irritating is the way it cuts down the window size. I set it to maximised and expect it to remain that way, not get hijacked by an add.

Jester2K II 20:55 04 Nov 03

and all for free too.....

Jack D 21:00 04 Nov 03

There are other really FREE sites, just as good, and they don't claim to have tens of thousands of members who may or not be active.

A Cat Called George 21:09 04 Nov 03

PLEASE MISTER FORUM EDITOR, SACK OOGA OOGA OR I'M GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GET AND OFFER ADVICE.

Djohn 21:09 04 Nov 03

Not sure why you are implying that the site is giving false information! What would be gained by this? I'm sorry but I don't really understand your statement, for that's what it is! Not a question. j.

Jack D 21:17 04 Nov 03

I'm NOT saying that it's FALSE information, simply that it's creative advertising. Obviously the number registered is correct, BUT, how many are still ACTIVE, i.e. come back after their query has been answered?

leo49 21:20 04 Nov 03

Give it a rest - if you don't like it as you say there are plenty of others you can go and whinge.

Djohn 21:27 04 Nov 03

I don't have the answer to that, but I do know that many members/Users of the forum do come back time after time.

Many don't post on each visit, but come to read and find answers that way. I do know of several members that have not posted for some months, six or seven months but are still active in the sense that they still use the forum on a weekly basis, if not each day.

I may have misunderstood your post, but it does come over in print more as a criticism on the Forum than support of it, and I don't think you meant it to be that way.

Regards. j

The Lights Are On 21:31 04 Nov 03

What has the amount of users got to do with the ad's anyway?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…