Gray screen

User-178362 19:05 19 Oct 05

When I am not using the PC and just have the desk top on the screen goes gray after some time with nothing else showing, then I have to knock the mouse on the desk to get the desk top picture back. Do you think there is something wrong with my PC

stalion 19:42 19 Oct 05

it is normal for a pc to do what you have described.If you go to start,control panel and select display you can choose a screen saver if you want one or alter the display functions.Further down is power options if you look in there it will show you the time factor before your monitor shuts off,moving the mouse resumes normal desktop

DieSse 19:57 19 Oct 05

It's a power saving feature - and quite normal (and saves power too - of course!).

User-178362 21:41 19 Oct 05

I used to have a screen saver. Fish, but true I haven't seen it for a while, maybe I did something to stop it, Thank you

wee eddie 17:42 20 Oct 05

Go for "None" rather than "Blank" which will get you the effect you have achieved.

The "Blank" Screen Saver is very useful if you don't wish the casual visitor to realise that your PC is on. Of course if they were to look a little closer they would soon realise that it is on, but not at first glance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…