Graphiics card for Compaq Deskpro won't fit

THE TERMINATOR 22:52 22 Dec 04

Hi, my father-in law has a Compaq system and recently bought a Diamond Viper16Mb card only to find it did not fit, due to the lower end of the card that petrudes the case not having space to come out due to the design of the Compaq. The only alternatives are; find a card that has its output at the top of the card as you install it, or find a good PCI graphics card, any ideas on an AGP card?
Thanks....TT

Totally-braindead 23:19 22 Dec 04

Have a look at click here . This is usually where I start when I'm looking for something but I always check the websites afterwards as its not 100% accurate.

THE TERMINATOR 23:28 22 Dec 04

Thanks for that, but finding a PCI card is not a problem, finding an AGP one with only half of the silver connector part(dont know what it's called)that you bolt onto the case, is....TT

Belatucadrus 23:54 22 Dec 04

click here Aopen do low profile cards with standard and low profile brackets click here for more info. If you're feeling a little adventurous you could just get the bracket click here and see if it could be made to fit the Viper, though that may be a little risky.

THE TERMINATOR 00:07 23 Dec 04

Cheers pal that'll do fine....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…