Graphics/Video card upgrade for old Dell P3 600

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell XPS T600 (Pentium III) PC with 256 ram installed and a Diamond Viper TNT2 NVidia card installed.

I know the machine is now a piece of history but until I can afford a new system I am looking to upgrade the graphics card. The problem is what is the fastest card I can get that will be compatible with my PC? I don't want to spend out on a card that's either too fast for the computer or won't run at all. Any advise or help would be great.

alan227 13:59 26 Jul 04

Take a look at this link.
click here

xania 14:11 26 Jul 04

I think that this is a Dell Dimension PC, but cannot find a model T600 - can you be mpre precise. I can them take a look at the manual and see what sort of AGP your PC supports.

Your right Xania it is a Dell Dimension series. The model is definitely - XPS T600

Thanks for the link alan227 it has given me a few ideas.

xania 09:19 27 Jul 04

See click here.

It seems that you already have a x4 AGP card so you need to look for another x4 card to replace it. You could actually fit x8 - its the same achitecture - but, unless your mobo supports this, it would be a waste of money. I can't find your PC model on the Dell website, so can't check the manual. If you still have the original, check and see what it says.

xania 09:23 27 Jul 04

Also check out click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…